question

andylinton avatar image
andylinton asked

Quattro in passthru, & shows critical load connected

Hi all, I thought I'd help out a neighbour who has exactly the same system as me, except he had old lead acid batteries.
He bought some new Pylontechs and wanted them fitted. I did this, then copied all settings from my system to his, including adding ESS.
His system had never been set up correctly from the start and had never worked well.

I had to battle a bit because his installer had passworded some things, and was now out of contact/gone bust.screenshot-2023-02-19-130731.png I thought I'd done everything - except updating the firmware of one of his two MPPT controllers as I didn't have the USB cable with me. The other is a Smart unit so I could update it via a bluetooth connection.

However, all is not working properly. The dashboard has a warning at the top "System overview - no grid meter alarm: Warning".
the block diagram has a Critical Loads box and is showing his house drawing from that, while the AC Loads box shows no power being drawn. (The house is connected to AC o/p1, nothing is connected to o/p2).
And the PC charger is doing nothing, despite it being a sunny day.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks

Andy
Alicante.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSinstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Does he have a grid meter installed?

If not, disable it in the GX and disable "has AC loads" in ESS settings.

If he does have a meter, make sure it is connected as the system is currently expecting one, and without it, will remain in passthrough.

All throughly documented in the ESS FAQ's as well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.