question

solarss avatar image
solarss asked

Using a Venus with a Carlo Gavazzi CT meter to monitor energy import/export

I am trying to use a Venus device along with a Carlo Gavazzi CT meter to measure individual 3 phase import and export and am getting odd readings.
I cannot wire the carlo gavazzi into each phase because there is not space to do so.. so I have just bridged one phase across all three for the referenc voltage on the carlo gavazzi - I think this may be throwing the readings out (e.g. one phase always seems to read the opposite direction). Is this becasue it isnt seeing the 400V Line to Line boltage? I thought it might work like this in any case - but Im not sure exactly how the meter and Venus measure and display the values.

If this is the reason - is there any way to get around this without wiring into each individual phase?

Any idea smore than welcome!

Venus GX - VGXmonitoringmodifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Sorry, but I don’t know of any way to do this without properly wiring the meter.

P = V * I. It needs the voltage of each phase.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.