question

packfan avatar image
packfan asked

Smart Shunt not visible in Victron Connect App

I have a 2022 Keystone Cougar with the factory installed Solar Flex 400i system. This system is supposed to have a Smart Shunt installed, but it has never been visible in the Smart Connect app. It looks like it is buried in the junction box for the inverter switch located on the front frame which is a chore to access. Photo attached.

Are there any troubleshooting tips, short of digging into this box and verifying proper install, fuse integrity, state of the shunt, etc. ? I have already killed power with the battery disconnect and removing the battery cable, but still nothing.

Thanks!

inverter-switch-junction-box.jpg

SmartShunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

montana avatar image montana commented ·
I have the same issue, and my dealer was completely clueless. They tried to tell me that my unit didn't come with a Smart Shunt installed. When I first purchased the unit, the Smart Shunt did show correctly in the VictronConnect app for the first couple of months. Then it disappeared about the same time my battery stopped charging. The dealer replaced a fuse which allegedly resolved the charging issue, but the Smart Shunt still doesn't show up.

My 2023 Keystone Cougar has the 400i solar package which of course does have the Smart Shunt. The dealer techs have no idea where the Smart Shunt may be located despite me suggesting that it might be in the junction box you have pictured. My unit is still under warranty, so I'm hesitant to tackle taking that box apart myself.

Very frustrating.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

The BT transmitter is on the shunt itself, and it often has poor BT range. Can either of you access it while standing near the shunt? The shunt should be the first thing connected to the (-) terminal of the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rickmarks21 avatar image
rickmarks21 answered ·

I had the same issue as the commentor from Jul 18. When I pulled apart the battery switch there was an abundance of moisture which I assume caused the shunt to fail. The parts guy at the dealer did not know anything about this assembly. Of course my warranty expired three months ago. Have you heard anything from your dealer or Victron?

2 |3000