question

xdk avatar image
xdk asked

Victron Fronius AC wiring diagram

Hi all. I've done some DC coupled systems, but I am new to the AC coupled world. The idea is to put a Fronius ECO on the output of 3 x 15KVa quattro's. The documentation doesn't help to much regarding this matter for newbies. Can someone please help me better understand the AC wiring side of this? Will the literally be connected together on the same AC lines (on a breaker of so)?

AC PV CouplingFroniusvictron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @XDK ,

Here's a few links that might be useful on the background of AC coupling with Victron.

AC-coupling and the Factor 1.0 rule [Victron Energy]

I believe the setup process will vary per inverter brand as Frequency shifting needs to be setup (when wired into ACOUT). This is so the victron inverter can adjust the frequency of the power output when batteries are fully (assuming you have grid export disabled, ie no where for excess power to go). This change in frequency is detected by the grid tied Fronius inverter which is then configured to ramp down output to not overload the system.

This link might be useful for what you're trying to do specifically, I've not had experience winth Fronius ECo but the below link mentions it.

AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters [Victron Energy]

In terms of wiring it should be the same wiring as if you were wiring it as a normal grid tied inverter except you need to have ethernet connection to ensure connection to Victron system s that it can monitor PV production and also have Frequency shifting configured as noted within the attached link. .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.