question

Ian Jordan avatar image
Ian Jordan asked

Victron Pi recent regular loss of communication

I’ve had my system running in a camper for about 2 years. Since the new year I’ve been getting regular loss of communication alarms, whilst parked on my driveway.

In the past the 4G modem (TP link archer mr-600) has been the culprit, but the of thing is the router is still online. In fact the only consistent way of fixing the issue is to reboot the router.

It’s throwing me a bit because the router is still online and showing the Victron pi connected to it.

The router firmware is up to date.

The Victron Pi was running 2.85-large, I’ve just updated this to 2.89, which is the newest available within the unit.

Venus OSRaspberry Picommunication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hardy-tuner avatar image
hardy-tuner answered ·

U can go backwards to 2.85 in the menu and it is working agian?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Ian Jordan

The reboot fix is a clue. I've had this, and just changed 'IP Configuration' from Automatic to Manual while I still had a good connection. Never happened again, and that's with both wifi and internet connections. Might be a fw glitch, don't know..

1676380478417.png

1676380478417.png (26.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Raspberry Pi running Victron’s Venus firmware - Blog Post

Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED - Install

raspberrypi install venus image

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic