question

cw8 avatar image
cw8 asked

Possible bad Cerbo GX?

I'm beginning to think I might have a bad Cerbo GX unit. Problems I have been having:

1) Bluetooth PIN problems. I used the default PIN on first connect, reset it, and then neither the default password nor the new PIN worked (I am sure of the new PIN). I used the USB zip file trick to factory reset, and the same pattern repeated: could use default PIN on first connect, but after changing, neither would work. Then, after doing the factory reset maybe four times, the default password started no longer working. It is possible of course that the unit is no longer factory resetting. I tried with two separate USB dongles, both with venus-data.tgz as the only file, at root. I have tried an iPhone, an iPad and Android to access via bluetooth. I do understand that the bluetooth functionality for the Cerbo is limited, so this is more of an indication of a possibly bad unit than a real problem in and of itself.

2) I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120 with this Cerbo connected, but when I try to also connect a 200/200 Digital Multi Control Panel GX, it simply does not work. The MP will not turn on. If I disconnect the Cerbo, then the DMC works just fine. With both connected, the MP simply does not turn on, no lights, nothing. MP works fine with one or the other connected, but never works with both. (Yes, I am aware that MP needs to be "On" to allow the DMC to control it.) I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the12V DC. I have tried 2 different DMC units. Always the same behavior.

3) When I go into the Cerbo WiFi AP and access the control page (172.24.24.1), I cannot see the Multiplus. I see only three things in the Device List: BMV-712, Notifications, and Settings. Is this expected? Is there some setting somewhere that I need to change? The entire reason I got a Cerbo was to control the MP, and my understanding is that it should show up in the Device List - do I have that wrong? I do have an MK3-USB, so I can access/update MP that way, but the point of the Cerbo is to do so when on the road.

Note that all firmware is up to date: MP, BMV, Battery Protect, and Cerbo. DMC and Cerbo are connected via brand new Victron RJ45 cables. BMV and Cerbo are of course connected via VE.Direct.

Any help would be much appreciated!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

There was a bug a while back that mishandled bluetooth pins that began with 0. Try a PIN starting in a number other than 0.

You can't have the MK3 and Cerbo connected at the same time. The MK3 causes the connection with Cerbo to drop.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cw8 avatar image cw8 commented ·
Ah, thanks, I was using a PW that started with 0. But now I seem to be unable to factory reset, or the factory reset is not resetting the PIN, I can't try a different PIN :-(

The MK3 is only connected when I need to mess with the MP. It was not connected for all of the above described scenarios.

0 Likes 0 ·
cw8 avatar image
cw8 answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources