question

rick-crosby avatar image
rick-crosby asked

Connecting victron connect to my MPPT solar charger

Hi, Victron connect used to work without issue, but now it has been updated I seem to be able to connect OK, but I only get to the screen below. Clicking the 'i' just repeats this screen, and clicking the back arrow just goes back to the device list. I cannot get to any of the details or settings?

I have disconnected from battery and PV for 5 minutes and reconnected (connecting battery first) but still the same behaviour.

Victron connect is v5.81 (latest from play store) and it says my solar firmware is the latest also?

Any help apprecaited.

Thanks,

screenshot-20230206-140512.png

VictronConnect
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ingo21 avatar image ingo21 commented ·

Did you try to reconnect/repair your devices with bluetooth?

did you change the PIN before the update?

0 Likes 0 ·
rick-crosby avatar image rick-crosby ingo21 commented ·
No. When i unpair the device from the phone, and then reconnect, its asks for pin and pairs correctly. I have since tried changing the pin and it correctly only connects with the new pin. But the issue is the same.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You are in the product info page for the Bluetooth module. What happens with the back arrow, top left?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rick-crosby avatar image rick-crosby commented ·
pressing the back arrow just goes back to the device list.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @rick crosby

This means that the internal bluetooth dongle is unable to communicate with the MPPT part of the SmartSolar. What you could try is power cycle the SmartSolar by disconnecting it both from PV and battery for a minute. Then reconnect it, battery first.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 comments
2 |3000

rick-crosby avatar image rick-crosby commented ·
I've disconnected everything, left it for 5 mins, and reconnect (battery first) but still the same problem. Tried another phone and the same issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ rick-crosby commented ·

Hi @rick crosby

Then I can draw no other conclusion than that there is a hardware problem with the MPPT and my advice is to return the unit for warranty.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources