question

jakes avatar image
jakes asked

Phoenix 1200 firmware upgrade error

Recently upgraded 2 x phoenix 1200 inverters from Firmware version 1917141 to 1917209. One inverter upgraded without a problem. The second one starter the upgrade process and showed an error halfway through. Now this inverter is dead. No comms possible and the Red Alarm LED is permanently on. Both inverters had the same chipset (1917141 version)

Any ideas suggestions ...... much appreciated

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

make sure that the inverter that you are having a problem with is the ONLY one connected to the MK2 or MK3 so use a new cable and that cable is to be the only one connected. and load the VE flash make sure its the latest version of VE Flash

redo the com port connection turn on the inverter and it should connect if not then using the same cable does it connect ok to the first inverter ok still

try the secound RJ45 connector on the inverter

Try a different computer ( I sugest this as a last resort I dought it will help but try)

If the below does not help then [please send some screen shots of each step and discribe your issue and procedure as you go

1558258239532.png (10.6 KiB)
1558258337027.png (9.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jakes avatar image
jakes answered ·

Managed to resolve the problem. I used an older version of the VEflash. Upgraded without a problem.

Thanks for taking time to answer.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for reporting back. Glad to hear you resolved it.

Can you say which version failed and which one succeeded?

0 Likes 0 ·