question

sean-lepoidevin avatar image
sean-lepoidevin asked

ET112 Meter Parallel connection

Hi,

Due to the inability to source Victron compatible meters with CT's, we are looking to use 2 x ET112 meters in parallel. According to the ET112 instructions, this is possible with the following adjustment (2. Installation and configuration (victronenergy.com) )

Please note that you can connect the ET112 in parallel, but need to change the modbus address to another number using the UCS Desktop configuration software from the supplier,

Question - If two ET112 meters are measuring the grid input, each meter communicates to the cerbo, in the cerbo they are each set as "Grid Meter", does the power of each meter sum together for a single reading in the system?

The attached diagram outlines the concept.

Thank you

ET112 Meters in parallel.png

Alternatively, if anyone knows where a EM330DINAV53HS1X27 or CT-compatible victron meter is in stock and available for purchase, the above setup could be avoided.

Energy Meterpower meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
markholster avatar image
markholster answered ·

Hi,

Since about a month i'm running the same setup, but with an EM24 as grid meter as well. Because the cerbo didn't support running more than two devices over a single serial I wrote an application that converts the serial modbus to TCP modbus. Also, it has the option to "merge" multiple meters into a single one and simulate a three phase meter (with only two active phases if necessary). So in my case the two ET112's are showing up as a single EM24 running on two phases.

So to answer your question, it is possible to run your ET112's in parallel. I'm not sure if they show up as a single grid reading (couldn't test is because of the 2 meter limit, the EM24 grid meter was already connected), but with some scripting/coding it is definitely possible to get things working.

Cheers,

Mark

PS. Sources can be found at https://github.com/machnos/enman/tree/develop/internal. The app is running for a few weeks at my home now, but the sources are under development as my goal with the app is bigger than just a modbus transformation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sean-lepoidevin avatar image
sean-lepoidevin answered ·

Hi Mark, thank you for the response. We are hoping to avoid the need to write custom scripts such as you have done. But is it good to know it looks like it is possible.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Energy Meter Selection Guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic