question

dothedr3w avatar image
dothedr3w asked

100A Autotransformer - 120 to 120/240 wiring

Hey everyone,

I've got a Victron Autotransformer which will be feeding my SolArk 15k from either 15A or 30A shore power; these 2 sources are on a rotary switch, so only one will be active at any given time. Anyways, obviously the 15 or 30a inputs will only supply 120v, but the SolArk requires 120/240 because it supplies the distribution panel...hence the need for the AT.

My question/ask of this forum is...could someone please post a picture of how to wire this? I know there's schematics in the manual, but I don't know how to read those diagrams.

Cheers!

Autotransformerwiring diagramhowto
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dothedr3w avatar image
dothedr3w answered ·

I found this picture on an unrelated thread, but it seems like it could be correct. C'mon anybody!

11079-1593473060277.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dothedr3w avatar image
dothedr3w answered ·

hello? anyone?

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The diagrams in the manual are very clear. There are a few different ones to suit different scenarios, an Autotransformer is quite versatile.
If you don't understand the diagrams in the manual then I'd suggest that you engage your electrician to help you wire things up safely and correctly.

2 comments
2 |3000

dothedr3w avatar image dothedr3w commented ·

"I know there's schematics in the manual, but I don't know how to read those diagrams."

I'll be hiring an electrician after the fact to double check my work before I flip any switches, the idea of asking these forums is to get as much done as possible before I start paying someone. I'm sorry but your post wasn't very helpful, and it will be equally unhelpful if you reply to this by mentioning how I'm going to burn the house down or kill myself if I don't hire an electrician. I get it...professionals exist for a reason, but so do forums.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jay Smith avatar image Jay Smith commented ·
Actually wkirby you're completely wrong. The diagrams in the manual do not cover the scenario mentioned here, which is a single leg of 120v being transformed to split phase 240v. Your arrogant response is not only pointlessly condescending, but it's factually incorrect as well.

To the OP - The diagram you located is correct. You absolutely can do this yourself, don't let pedantic jerks get you down my guy.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources