question

bob1606 avatar image
bob1606 asked

Using “Programmable relay” depends on battery temperature?

Dear community,

a short introduction of my system: I’m issuing a MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 GX with a 16S lifepo4 Batteries and Fronius inverter as an ESS system.

The goal is, to use the Multiplus relays to control the battery temperature.

But, first issue is, I don’t see the relay button in my remote console. Do I need to activate relay option somewhere in the settings?

settings-rc.jpg

I also tried to use the “Programmable relay” assistant but without success so far.

The idea is, to use the ACOut 2 relay to power a heating pad depends on the battery temperature.

Temperature <5° --> relay on

Temperature >10° --> relay off

pr1.jpg

pr2.jpg

pr3.jpg

Did someone this kind of setup and can support me?

Thanks

Multiplus-IITemperature SensorRelay
settings-rc.jpg (36.3 KiB)
pr1.jpg (77.5 KiB)
pr2.jpg (33.2 KiB)
pr3.jpg (32.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Al avatar image
Al answered ·

@bob1606

The temperature sense input won't work, it's just being used as a digital input rather for that programmable relay, it doesn't use the temperature measurements.. You could use something like this: https://amzn.eu/d/hMwD8tX

What bms do you have, does that have programmable outputs to trigger something?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bob1606 avatar image
bob1606 answered ·

Thanks Al for the quick reply. I use the JK BMS.

Maybe it is possible to make this setup with Node-Red. I just started with Note-Red tutorials. But maybe someone has already done this before and can send me a screenshot.

Thanks in advance

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor