question

bjorn-padotzke avatar image
bjorn-padotzke asked

Chargings AMPS to battery and to my loads

I have an Offgrid system with a Victron Multiplus II 5kva and with a 250/100 Mppt charge controller and a 150/70 charge controller conected with plumb - Acid batteries which have a charge limit of 50 amps. The solar panels have more power so we thougt to charge either the batteries with 50 amps and cover the loads with the rest.

Also if how i can avoid that the generador charges the batteries with the max allowed of the 50 amps and also the mppt charge controllers with another 50 amps?

Which settings should i use either for the Multiplus and the Mppt´s to get cover this funcionality we need?

Thanks a lot
Bjorn

battery chargingcharge current limitamps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Assuming you have a GX in the system, enable DVCC and set the limit there.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bjorn-padotzke avatar image bjorn-padotzke commented ·

Dear Kev,
thanks a lot for your response. Yes, i have a cerbo GX in the system. So you mean the value i put in the DVCC is the maximum amps that will get into the batteries, for example max 50 amps so i wont get 50 amps from the mppt and adicionally 50 amps from the MPs by a generator?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ bjorn-padotzke commented ·
Correct
0 Likes 0 ·
bjorn-padotzke avatar image bjorn-padotzke commented ·
There is a GX requiered for this operation? In another System i have a generator ocasionally and Mppts without a GX
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ bjorn-padotzke commented ·
DVCC is only available with a GX device controlling the system.

However, if you're computer savvy, you can run the Venus operating system on a small computer like a Raspberry Pi and use that as a GX device. Officially it's available, but unsupported by Victron, but there are some very knowledgeable users in the modifications space.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic