question

fou avatar image
fou asked

MPPT 75/15 not regulating charge

Hi all

I have a rather simple question I believe and I think I know the answer to it as well. But I would like to hear some more experienced opinions. :-)

I have 2 MPPT 75/15 on my boat. One is managing a solar panel on the Davids and also has a fridge connected to the load output. All settings for the battery is properly programmed. (Absorb 14.82, float 13.5, Equalization 16.2 / Trojan 1275 Batteries) One of the two controllers is keeping the max voltage of 14,82V and the other one doesn't. I am 100% sure the settings are correct. Apart from that one controller being toast, what could be the reason for not regulating charge correctly?

Thanks a lot for your opinions.

Cheers Fou

battery chargingcharge current limit
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Fou

Are the battery cable lengths the same? There may be resistance differences between them. Have you used a multi meter to verify the voltage at the mppt battery terminals?

What do you mean it is not keeping the max voltage - is it not reaching it or overshooting it?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic