question

Etienne avatar image
Etienne asked

New Phoenix inverter Bad Voltage readings

Hello, new Here,

I just installed my Small solar system (SmartSolar Mppt 75/15 with 200w solar pannel, i will recieve soon a second Controller and pannel). A 100ah AGM battery ans a Phoenix 12/500 (with v.direct) inverter .

The inverter is working but i get Strange battery Reading from the Phoenix:

(I get 12.25V by Reading with a voltmeter directly on the battery and 12.16v at the Phoenix input )

screenshot-20230130-190911.png

also tested without load pluged on 230V :

screenshot-20230130-184814.png

For the cable i use a 4mm2 cable lenght Between 30-50cm .

Something is wrong or it's normal working of the Phoenix ?

Thanks in advance.

Cordially. Etienne (Yes it's m'y Real surname ^^ )

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

For the cable i use a 4mm2 cable lenght Between 30-50cm .

Voltage drop along thin cables?

You should use thicker cables between the battery and inverter. Dont forget to have a fuse close to the battery as well.

The manual. gives cable recommendations. 10mm cable and a 60a fuse would be appropriate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Etienne avatar image
Etienne answered ·

Thanks for your answer, i will use 6mm cable ( i dont use more than 10-20A from DC (Between 100-150w on AC) to Inverter, i will put a 40A circuit breaker). I adjust the low voltage according to measurment on the battery (Actually, just configure the cut Off Voltage at 11.4V or less . When it cut the battery Voltage up to 11.8-11.9v that remain Between 30-50% for Not damage battery).

I have also grounded the Inverter, it cut proprely when i test the line with the residual current breaker. I have also ordered circuit breaker and a little box for Make a proper installation. Actually it's more "on test".

A little question about Low Voltage alarm, can you confirme that is only "Visual" alarm, no sound and beep because i dont ear beeps when it flash Red.

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

can you confirme that is only "Visual" alarm, no sound and beep because i dont ear beeps when it flash Red.

Cant confirm, but assume no buzzer.

I adjust the low voltage according to measurment on the battery (Actually, just configure the cut Off Voltage at 11.4V or less . When it cut the battery Voltage up to 11.8-11.9v that remain Between 30-50% for Not damage battery).

Have a look at "Dynamic cut off". The low voltage cut off is more intelligent, depending on how much current (load) the inverter is handling.

1 Like 1 ·
Etienne avatar image Etienne klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Hello,

I dont use the Dynamic Cut, it Cut too shortly, even If i set on 11.4v . With the non Dynamic settings it work better.

0 Likes 0 ·