question

Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX asked

Low battery alert

Hello everybody! Here another puzzle for lead batts addicts!

In my offgrid mountain house, managed by Victron, my 30kWh/24V OPZS batts are at -4°C (outside -12°C). This morning the voltage suddenly fell from 22.4 to 20.2Volts triggering an alert. Apparenlly everything is working well: inverter, CCGX and VRM, Modemrouter with a constant load of 112W (5A) . For the last 20 days, I never reached SOC=100% but il never went under 80%

My explanation is a bad measure of the voltage, due to a bad contact, due to the low temperature. So "Wait and see".

Anyway, with so old (?) batts I am prepared to buy a new set, but that would be when the snow has thawed (May?)

Anyone with a better understanding?

lead-acid
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image Lionel SEYDOUX commented ·
But it does not say whether it applies to Multiplus, the only tool working at night
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX answered ·

Just now: No date received for the last 30 minutes: I understand my system, especially the inverter, is out. Someone might have a look on Saturday.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Here a scrren copy of the thing: voltage drop and inverter shutting down. My modem-router is powered in AC produced by the inverter

GPV_2023.01.24.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
gpv-20230124.jpg (75.7 KiB)

Suprising! My inverter was not out, only sleeping a bit (like my cat) . Awakened this morning 25 January at 8:00 local time. Will follow that in case it helps our brilliant engineers to work out that puzzle

Have a good day

0 Likes 0 ·

Foiund in Victron's doc about "Battery life":

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Manual_BlueSolar_MPPT

The BatteryLife algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%.

That voul explain everything as I have not reached 100% SOC for the last 15 days (cloud and snow).

Without any comment, I shall close that questions in a few days!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic