question

agesilaus avatar image
agesilaus asked

Settings for 30/100 MPPT

I have a MPPT 30/100 connected to a pair of 6V Trojan GC-2 lead acid batteries in series. I need the correct settings for the rotary switch. The controller is connected to 4X100W solar cells which are connected as two pairs in series and then those paralleled. Right now the controller only shows a flashing float light. I get 35V checking with a DVM on the cell outputs to the controller

lead-acid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Setting number 4 is probably the closest match for Trojan T-105 GC2, but it's not an exact match.

Your battery calls for:
Bulk - 14.82V Float - 13.5V and Eq - 16.2V
Setting 4 gives you:
Bulk - 14.9V Float - 13.8V and Eq - 16.7V

If you want to set up the controller for an exact match then you'll need to use the Victronconnect software or App.

I'm not sure why you have a flashing float LED, that means controller over temperature.
Are you sure that the PV is connected with the correct polarity? Reverse PV polarity will make the controller hot.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Essentially they're flooded Pb's. I use a Century clone. And it seems Trojan have changed from 14.4/13.2, which they once recommended.

Frankly, the stocko Victron Pb settings on my kit (14.4/13.8) I consider excellent, and see no need to change. You may not have the portal graphs to look at, but that stock algorithm does some clever things and is special to me. If I had to improve upon it, nahh I couldn't.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic