question

atx-solar avatar image
atx-solar asked

SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 & VRM

I've connected my SmartSolar MPPT with VE.Direct to a Venus GX and VRM. I have a DC load connected to the "Load" site of the MPPT and the Venus sees the load current in the Remote Console, but this is not logged in the VRM.

Is there a way to get the DC load readings in the VRM? Right now the solar yield in the VRM is net of the DC load on the MPPT. I tried enabling the "DC Load" in the settings, but this must be for another configuration.

As a general product suggestion, the Venus sees a lot of real time data that is not logged to the VRM. I hope this is on the VRM roadmap.

VRMdc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Todd Wackford avatar image
Todd Wackford answered ·

Did you enable the correct "widget" on the advanced settings in the VRM Portal? I believe it is "Solar Charger Load Output Current".

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

atx-solar avatar image atx-solar commented ·

Thank you, I missed the little settings icon on the advanced page.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Have you checked to see if this info is in the downloadable excell file in the vrm

I dont know its just a thought that maybe worth checking

2 |3000

atx-solar avatar image
atx-solar answered ·

Thanks for the suggestion, I did find that data I was looking for in the CSV, so it is transmitted to the VRM app. In fact, it seems to have ALL information, which is great.

I do wish Victron would make more information available in the VRM dashboard, though.

2 |3000

Related Resources