question

sjors-heikoop avatar image
sjors-heikoop asked

Difference between globallink 520 and GX LTE 4G

I'm using a cerbo GX and I'm looking at a way to connect my system to the cellular network.

In the description of the globallink 520 it says that it comes with a 5 year sim-card.

1. Does the GX LTE 4G come with a similar 5 year sim-card?

Or since the globallink 520 is about the same price as the GX LTE 4G.

2. Can u use the globallink 520 with the Cerbo GX?

Thank you guys in advance for the help!

cerbo gxgloballink4g
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sjors-heikoop avatar image sjors-heikoop commented ·
Thanks for the answers!

As I see it, this way the GX LTE 4G is a way more expensive solution then the globallink. Do you have any clue where this price difference is coming from?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ sjors-heikoop commented ·

They are completely different devices and can not be compared with each other. Each has its own purpose.

A GX LTE 4G is a modem specifically for GX devices that have no other way to connect to the Internet. In doing so, it does not limit the connectivity of the GX device itself.

The purpose of the GlobalLink 520 is to provide connectivity (via LTE-M - not to be confused with LTE 4G, 2 VE.Direct ports, BLE, VRM) for small off-grid systems without a GX device.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic