question

brookydave avatar image
brookydave asked

Enabling forced Export to grid with 3 phase Mutliplus 2. UK

I am considering installing a 3 x 48/5000/70-50 multiplus 2 in 3 phase configuration (UK) with a large battery to enable profitable export to grid at times of high income. My understanding that this is difficult without NodeRed, but possible with NodeRed. Am I correct in this assumption? Further, does the NodeRed flow work with a 3 phase setup? I currently use NodeRed, but cannot play with the Victron flows as you need a physical inverter connected to the VenusOS to progress. Thanks in anticipation.

Multiplus-IINode-REDmultiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Brookydave There are ways of doing that without NodeRed but on a different note, you might want to check the terms and conditions of your export tariff. I'm assuming you have solar PV to enable your export tariff? ESS on its own won't be accepted for export generation. All UK energy suppliers state within their domestic export terms and conditions words to the effect of;

'5 Eligibility

5.2 The generation asset must generate electricity wholly or mainly from one of the following energy sources):

(i) Solar Photovoltaic (PV);

(ii) Hydro;

(iii) Micro-combined heat and power (micro-CHP);

(iv) Wind;

(v) Anaerobic Digestion (AD).'

Export on a domestic tariff is excluded if from a domestic battery system as they have for a while classed that as a commercial activity because you are speculating on the energy market rates.

'6 Ending or changing the contract

6.9.5 we have reasonable grounds to believe you are abusing this contract, for example if you are using the scheme on a commercial basis rather than for domestic use'.

The way they find out is if you are exporting when there is no possibility of solar generation - ie during the night so if you only export during daylight hours and you do not exceed your export allowance on your DNO approval notice, you should be fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.