question

dingaling avatar image
dingaling asked

Inverter turning off/on since using Bluetooth dongle

I think I found some sort of bug in my 500VA 12V inverter. I connected the Victron Bluetooth dongle and made a change to the low battery warning (to 11.5V, I run lifepo4 which sits at 13V+). I saved the settings and now the inverter only turns on and off constantly, as if the eco function is not detecting a load. I restored settings to default. But the issue Persists, even when a load is present above the 15w specified.

I have to run the inverter Withrow the eco function to stop it cycling on and off.

There doesn't seem to be a firmware update for my inverters that I can find. But I believe I discovered some sort of a bug?

Please help.

Bluetoothinverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello @dingaling
Please be more clear about the settings.
Is the eco mode enabled? What is the load you have connected and how much power is this?

With some loads (like led lights) the power is not detected correctly when it is just above the eco mode setting. Connecect a higher load or disable the eco mode

best regards

Martijn Coster
Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dingaling avatar image
dingaling answered ·

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I didn't even change the default value of 15w for the eco setting, only the low voltage cut off. But as soon as I saved that one change the inverter will go into eco mode as if the power draw is less then 15watts. I turned all my electrical loads on and it didn't make a difference.

Restoring to defaults worked once or twice now it just does this eco on/off behaviour all the time unless I leave the I inverter just in the 100% on switch state bypassing eco mode.

Either there is a bug in the firmware or I have a defective inverter?

2 |3000

dingaling avatar image
dingaling answered ·

Eco mode was working just fine for months before I plugged in the Bluetooth adaptor to see the inverter settings. The loads I turned on where TV (50watts) Amplifier, Engel fridge (40watts),water pump (120watts).. nothing would make the eco mode stay on.

I can try do a video/photos showing settings tommorow showing what happens.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic