question

jschz avatar image
jschz asked

Cerbo GX or Raspberry Pi for control

Hi everyone.

I'm developing a energy transfer system and I've a question about the monitoring and control. I'm using pylontech batteries, quattros, and fronius pv inverters in my system. What I want to make is a Python program to include AI in the control of the system and for that I have my Raspberry Pi. I also have a cerbo GX. I think I have two options:

I can use the cerbo just to communicate with all the devices in my system. By doing this I will take advantage of the great communication system of the cerbo. Then, using modbus TCP I can adquire the data I need from the cerbo to the raspberry PI (Using the modbus tcp register list).

The other option is to communicate straigh between the raspberry and all the devices, using adapters for all the comunication, as the raspberry only has usb connection.

I know that the second option is obiously more complex, but the point is that I don't know if with the cerbo in between I will have access to the same information than in the second option, and that is my question of what to do.

Thank you.

cerbo gxRaspberry PiModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jschz

You may want to just cost it out. Adpators chords etc.

I have found generally the convinience of using the Cerbo and having it fully functional is a bonus. There is the cheaper option of the cerbo-s gx if you dont need a the tank or temp sensor stuff

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jschz avatar image jschz commented ·
Hi Alexandra. Thanks for the response. My decision criteria is only if I can access the same information by putting the cerbo in between as by connecting everything directly to the raspberry.
0 Likes 0 ·