question

miltonmews avatar image
miltonmews asked

Charging 12 V and 24 V with the same system

Hi all.

I have a real technical challenge. My barge starter motor is 12 V (tapped from the centre of a 24 V battery pack). My domestic battery system is 24 V. Currently using a 24 V alternator and old Victron charger.

NB: The only reason the previous owner made this work is because both battery packs are connected for the 240V inverter and therefore avoided leaving a battery on the starter pack without a load.

I want to let the 12 V starter system remain but not tapped from a 24 V battery pack. I need to separate the two battery packs.

So to my question - - Using the Multiplus II and ARGOFET how can i charge 2 different voltage battery systems ?

Thank you for your help on this.

SG

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingArgo FET Diode
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Victron Orion-TR Smart 24/12 30A non isolated DC-DC Battery Charger with a dedicated 12V starter battery is what you need

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miltonmews avatar image
miltonmews answered ·

Thanks Mark.

So no need for the argoFET and just use the DC:DC conv/charger?

Cheers

SG

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Correct
1 Like 1 ·