question

pdonovan avatar image
pdonovan asked

Connecting to phoenix inverter

My inverter isn't powering up properly, the red and green LEDs flash together once and then the green flickers a bit in an attempt to turn on but there is no pattern to it.

It seems people in this position need to calibrate, but if I bought the VE direct to usb cable would my computer are able to communicate with an inverter that isn't able to power up properly?

Phoenix Inverter
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@pdonovan

More information please?

What battery what phoenix what voltage?

Is your battery ok?

It will switch on if the battery is ok and able to supply the inrush current. You can program after that. Just dont connect to any charge sources until you do that part.

0 Likes 0 ·
pdonovan avatar image pdonovan Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The model is the phoenix 24v 800w, and its connect to 2 x 12v ligen lithium batteries.

I disconnected the batteries yesterday and charged them with an independent charger that cycles them to fully charged and then tests that they hold voltage properly so I know they are operating normally.

This post seems to be the most similar to my circumstances:

Doug ...."Similar problem here on a 12v 375w Phoenix inverter. The two LEDs flashing suggesting a 'no calibration' fault. It was already running the latest firmware. Could not find a way to re-program the latest firmware. Powering off an on even over night did not help. This occurred after a lithium battery cut out when adding a small load, so it might have well signaled an alarm condition. Had to return the inverter to be serviced. If this is a firmware issue then please look into it. If there is some way for us to 'reset' the device, to restore the firmware if that helps, then could you please let us know so we can try to help ourselves."

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers