question

hvalentim avatar image
hvalentim asked

Multiplus on 1910159 firmware with Cerbo GX: No real time data

I have a 230v MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 running firmware 1910159 (latest Non assistant). Upon connection with a Cerbo GX (firmware v3.00~14) via VE.Bus I have noticed the Cerbo recognizes the Multiplus but is unable to retrieve data from the Inverter in real time. It only works manually - if I press the "Press to redetect" button in Remote Console it does refresh the values.

I was wondering if any of the following would improve this:

1) Updating the firmware on the Multiplus to 1910209 (latest Assistant Firmware).

2) Connecting the Multiplus to the Cerbo via USB using the MK2 adaptor.

Would appreciate any feedback.

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.busmk2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hvalentim avatar image
hvalentim answered ·

Answer to myself:

Yes. Option 1 does make a difference. Upon flashing the "old" Multiplus (bought in 2011) with firmware 1910209 (latest Assistant Firmware, retrieved from professional.victronenergy.com, no assistants loaded), load and frequency values started being feed in real time to the Cerbo GX and VRM Portal.

Did not try it but Option 2 probably wouldn't work, based on this ticket where, back in 2019, a developer refuses to add support to the MK2-USB adapter to Venus OS:
Please make Venus OS compatible with MK2-USB #449

Hope this helps someone in the future.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ben Stanton avatar image
Ben Stanton answered ·

Perhaps try:

EOL resister in the VE.BUS.

Check/replace the VE.BUS cable.

Is the VE.BUS cable run clear of any interference (AC or DC cables)?

Firmware update everything.

Make sure the MK2(3) USB is not also plugged into the VE.BUS at the same time as the GX - it can interfere with the comms).

Try that. :) All the best!

2 |3000

Related Resources