question

eric-heiberg avatar image
eric-heiberg asked

Overload issue: 125 amps/3400 watt drawn from a 1200 watt/45 amp oven

Hallo !

I have a 1200 watt oven that has drawed that (almost 1200 watts and approx. 45 amps) every time I have switched it on. (I bought the oven new last summer)

However, the last three times I have used the oven has used almost 3600 watts at about 125 Amps (!!).

-I get an "Overload L1" message followed by "Recovery" every time (VE.Bus).

What could be the cause of this?

I dont understand how or why this could happen (the only other appliance i a fridge that pulls about 70 watts for a few minutes every hour).

(I have an offgrid Easysolar 3kVA (24/3000 - 150/70) with 10 kW lithium ion and 1,8 kW panels.).

Alittle disturbing that my system draws almot three times more amps than I expect, so would greatly appreciate views/solutions to this.

Eric

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEasySolar All-in-Oneampsdischarge level
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Eric Heiberg My first instinct is to start with the appliance itself. The inverter is capable of dealing with a surge, but not continuous load beyond it stated 2400W for more than a minute or so. Try using another appliance like a vacuum cleaner and see if you can replicate the error.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eric-heiberg avatar image eric-heiberg commented ·

Thank you - I will try that :-)

Eric

0 Likes 0 ·
porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

An oven with 1200W looks like a small multifunctional device for me. Some of them also have a grill included which needs additional 2400W. So probably you just changed the mode of the oven? Instead of the oven (1200W) both heaters (oven+grill 3600W) are running.

1 comment
2 |3000

eric-heiberg avatar image eric-heiberg commented ·

Thank you for answering Porcini :-)

The oven has no extra functions and is rated to 1200 watts maximum. i didnt change any mode either...

Eric

0 Likes 0 ·
humeister avatar image
humeister answered ·

Hi Eric, I got the same issue with a Coffe maschine. Did you fix the problem? If so can you let me know what you've done? Many thanks. Regards Helge

2 |3000