question

davedurkin avatar image
davedurkin asked

pheonix inverter smart 12/3000 manual

The manual for the 12/3000 specifies 2*95mm2 cable for the battery side. 185mm2 seems an awful lot of copper for 250A. Fuse is 400A, so less than rating of 1*95mm2. Good support from dealer who suggests it is a typo. So - just checking and feeding back. Any views please. Thanks.

Phoenix Inverterbug report
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Sounds like a typo. Will check.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Just trying to identify the exact manual you have. Does the title page say Rev 00 05/22?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davedurkin avatar image
davedurkin answered ·

Hi Kev - Interesting point. Its a brand new inverter, and not yet been installed. The manual that came with it is: v01 Feb24th 2021. That specifies 2*95mm2. The manual on the suppliers website is v01 March 2020, that says 1*95mm2". So neither seem to be the latest. and the version no. doesn't change with changes. Thank you for taking this up.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Mine came from the product page at Victronenergy.com. Easiest way I've found to get the latest manuals.

So it looks as if the problem goes back further.

What I did notice is that your inverter has two battery terminals each for positive and negative. Also a cryptic phrase '(*) One cable must be sized to carry the rated fuse current without overheating. Do not locate battery cables in a closed conduit. Please follow local installation rules.' Which implies single cable ok.

Not sure if it's in your version, but if you compare recommended cabling for the 12/3000 to the 12/2000, it's almost 3 times the cross section of that for the 12/2000. You would expect a ball park increase of 50%

I'll keep you posted, but it's weekend now, so might take a while.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic