question

datsports avatar image
datsports asked

iPhone 4s / 5 no longer see Victron devices.

Since the last Victron update I no longer can see or connect my iPhone 4S or iPhone5 to any of my Victron devices.

Is there a fix for this ? Or a method to roll back the device software? Thanks

VictronConnect
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Datsports

Which VictronConnect version is running on the iPhone 4S or iPhone5?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
datsports avatar image datsports Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi thank you for your reply, my iPhone 4s and 5 are running Victronconnect v5.8 .

I have an iPhone SE1 running v5.75 it is working fine . Also my iPhone XR is running v5.77 and an iPhone 13Mini running v5.8 both are working fine too. But I really do want the 4s working that’s what I bought it for . It’s my wireless display. And it stopped when I updated my devices 4 x mppt”s , 2x voltage sensors and now the smartshunt as well .one by one as I updated them they dropped off the 4s radar .

Even my MacBook no longer connects as well . It’s on v5.77 also . What has happened ? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Datsports

The problem is that VictronConnect v5.8 is not able to see the devices when Instant Readout is enabled. So either disable Instant Readout on the MPPTs or use a newer VictronConnect, which requires an iPhone 5S or newer.

The MacBook should still be able to connect though.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources