question

jai avatar image
jai asked

IOS App trend scaling wrong BMV712

Scaling in the Consumed Amp Hours and State of Charge has suddenly defaulted to 600000000 ie 600 million increments (AH or %) and accordingly no trend line is able to be seen at that scale. All the other trend lines work perfectly eg temp, volts, amps.

img-0006.pngimg-0008.png

First issue with the BMV712 which has worked flawlessly for me over the last 18 months with exactly the same set up ie same lithium battery(itech120AH) and bcdc converter (Redarc 1225D).

The only thing that I have done (two days ago) was to switch the reading between temperature and volts for the battery (and that unfortunately as I understood because of the warning deleted my history) I then switched it back again to monitor temperature. This I assume resulted in sending the scaling way out. I have now reset the data twice more but to no effect. I have also deleted the app and reinstalled it but again, it achieved nothing. Also removed the negative lead to reset and restart the system but again no joy. At a loss as to what to investigate from here. I couldn't find anything in the database similar to this and hence the question.

Regards

VictronConnect
img-0006.png (225.1 KiB)
img-0008.png (225.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Can you create a Service Report after connecting to the BMV712 and attach the Service Report to a reply here?

The procedure to create a service report is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jai avatar image jai commented ·
Hi and thanks for your reply.

I am happy to send the Service Report, but in the interim as it had been reset, I decided to charge the battery using mains power and to get the BMV712 synchronised to 100%. That fixed it and the scale has gone back to normal.

I don't understand what happened to make it go out to begin with. However, I will now monitor to see if the problem resurfaces.

If you would like to still see the service report please let me know.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources