question

sheppy avatar image
sheppy asked

VictronConnect Battery Percentage Not available!

Hi. I've just installed VictronConnect to my iphone. It sees the unit and a lot of data is there, all apart from the most important bit - battery percentage! This is displayed on the Victron box so why not the App. Surely I must be doing something odd as it's really the only piece of info I need.

Any ideas? Thanks.

VictronConnect
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
What device(s) do you have exactly? What "Victron box"?

Can you make some pictures/screenshots?

0 Likes 0 ·
sheppy avatar image sheppy Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thanks for replying. I have an EasySolar 5000 connected to a BYD 14Kw battery box. The battery percentage shows on the colour LCD panel on the 5000 but not anywhere on the VictronConnect software. I'm not sure what else to add. Just seems daft that the unit displays it but not the software. It's the only info we need.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ sheppy commented ·
The BYD is not a Victron Product so cannot be viewed with a direct connection to the battery like you can with Victron products.

Its percentage and parameters and information can only be viewed on the GX device either on the tile or in the device list.
0 Likes 0 ·
sheppy avatar image sheppy Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you. As daft as that actually sounds, I can only assume you're correct. Obviously the information is available on the Victron unit so I can only assume it's piss poor programming by the software vendor. After all, why not just mimic the display? Why reinvent the wheel and lose out on the only useful bit of info the user needs. How these things pass any QC and get published is anyone's guess.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ sheppy commented ·
@Sheppy Calm down my friend.

BYD communicates well with Victron.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box

Do you have the "old" EasySolar with the Color Control GX or the new one? Make a picture of the device or give us a link to the product page from Victron.

Make a screenshot of what you see in VictronConnect.

0 Likes 0 ·
sheppy avatar image sheppy Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Yes good point, I'll calm down lol, and thank you. Only our unit is in an outhouse and we have to check it twice a day at least. The unit does a Dec 2018 label on the top but it was installed in 2019. I've uploaded a couple of shots. I'm sure earlier the State said something else. capture.jpg

capture2.jpg

Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.jpg (36.5 KiB)
capture2.jpg (45.6 KiB)
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think you are just connecting to the MPPT inside of the EasySolar but you have to connect to the remote console of the GX device.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

As I thought...

1. You just connecting to the MPPT inside of the EasySolar and the MPPT doesn't have any information about the SOC.

2. The old CCGX don't have Bluetooth to connect to it you have to connect it to your LAN/WLAN and the VRM Portal.

You may want to have a look at the CCGX manual first before you start ranting.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/index-en.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources