question

hschweiger avatar image
hschweiger asked

Multiplus II Charge Power limited to ~0.3A

Hello @ all,

I have a installation with one multiplus II 5000 on L1 and Cerbo GX, coupled to LIFEPO4 bateries.

A solaredge-insallation is coupled on ACin.

The installation was up and running for ~3 mounth without any problem.

Now I have the following problem (nothing changed, just over night):

1. The Multiplus does not charge the batteries when I am doing "Keep Batteries charged"

2.The multiplus does not charge the batteries when there is PV exess available.

Even when I am changing the grid setpoint, there is no effect.

When there is less PV avaible than needed, the MPII will do inverting - this seems to be good and the gridd setpoint is used.

I have nothing changed in the installation. I have power-cycled the system several times - no effect. I have re-written the ESS-assistent via the software VEConfg - no effect.

Does anyone has an idea? Is the charger in the MPII defecive?

Multiplus-IIcerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

The Option Charger is activated via VeConfig / Charger?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hschweiger avatar image
hschweiger answered ·

Yes, it is. The box is checked.

I just tried: "Optimized with Batterie Life" and min 50% SOC. The charger kick in with 4 oder 5A. So the hardware should be ok, semms to be a software problem....

2 comments
2 |3000

netrange avatar image netrange commented ·
Set a Limit for Input Current via VRM

This takes also Effect for the ChargerOption

0 Likes 0 ·
hschweiger avatar image hschweiger netrange commented ·
This doesn't help - there is no change
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

What batteries are these? Are they managed batteries? If so, what is the CVL and CCL being sent by the BMS to the multi?

Always start by investigating what the BMS is doing/instructing the chargers.

2 |3000

hschweiger avatar image
hschweiger answered ·

The batteries are EVE LIFEPO4 280Ah batterie pack with 16s, two of them in parallel. Both with a 250A DALY-BMS. There is no communication BMS<->Cerbo GX now. Later I want to use serialbattery-driver from github.

I have charged the batteries via a seperate charger - it is working well. I do not think, that this is the problem.

2 |3000