question

phillip-mccordall avatar image
phillip-mccordall asked

Battery charger connection with victronconnect problem

I'm using victronconnect with my MTTP100 and it works perfectly, I've recently bought a BSC IP22 charger which appears on the android screen as a device but only connects up to 80%.All the lights flash on the charger, I've reset the pin with success but still no connection. I've wiped of victronconnect completely and reloaded it , still no connection with the charger.
I'm using an android phone with system 6. As I say it works perfectly with my MPPT100.

any advice would be very helpful .

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

have you upgraded all to the latest firmware as a new firmware was released today 1.41

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

phillip-mccordall avatar image
phillip-mccordall answered ·

many thanks I'll try that, I'm bit of a numpty though is that the firmware on the charger or telephone ? If it's the charger how do I do it without connecting ? Many thanks for the help.

2 |3000

graham avatar image
graham answered ·

Phillip McCordall On your Android phone have you on the Bluetooth moor settings screen put in the pin for the MPPT - then open Vconnect and it shows in the Device list - If there is new firmware for the MPPT as you click the MPPT Vconnect comes up and tells you there is new firmware asking do you want to upgrade, click yes and it will upgrade.

I have found that with some of the devices you need to be quite close and kept the phone reasonable still and they connect and work a lot better.

Firmware is the name given to the software, App etc that is stored inside a unit and is the software that controls that unit MPPT or whatever it is.

2 |3000

Related Resources