question

kirby avatar image
kirby asked

How an inverter works in "External Control" mode?

I'm trying to understand how "External Control" mode works in case we have shore power.

Setup: MultiPlus 48/5000 + Cerbo GX +(over CAN Bus)+ LFP battery (similar to this one).

I'm struggling with OverVoltage and DisbalanceVoltage errors on the battery.

And I have some doubts regarding (VEConfig 3) settings changes which I'm trying to play with.
For instance, I noticed limitation: the battery does not allow me to use Charge Current more than 30A.

I'm playing with different settings, e.g. Absorption/Float Voltage.

1672239270296.png

(DVCC➡Maximum Charge Voltage: 55.3)

In my understanding, the inverter shall go to Float after full charge battery. But it does not (I mean, the light "Float" does not light up).

Before I connected CAN bus to the battery – "Float" was working.

Questions

1. How to figure out which settings are applicable in "External Control" mode?
    1. Does an inverter has some influence or BMS controls most of things?
  2. If there are limits, how to deal with OverVoltage and DisbalanceVoltage errors on the battery?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercharge controller compatibilityfloat
1672239270296.png (24.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The DVCC section for the cerbo/gx was recently updated, have a read, it should answer most questions, if it raises new ones I am sure we can help with that.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic