question

msoysal avatar image
msoysal asked

Using Victronconnect with Mac Os El Capitan OSX 10.11 on Macbook Air

I want to remotely get SOC battery data from my Smartshunt and Smart MPPT in my caravan by using my El Capitan OS loaded Macbook Air (10.11)

I have downloaded 5.8 and bought a 4.0 bluetooth USB stick, however Victronconnect cannot see any of the devices. Bluetooth panel in Mac OS also does not see any items. Could you help me about this, please? Thanks in advance

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Do you have the instant readout function enabled on the SmartShunt and SmartMPPT? Then this is probably the problem. The detection of devices that have instant readout enabled was broken in VictronConnect 5.8 under MacOS. It might work when instant readout is disabled.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

msoysal avatar image msoysal commented ·

Hi Thiemo, thanks very much for the tip !!! I searched the forum and there was no info about this. I did disabled the "instant readout" feature and it works now with Victronconnect 5.08 (5.8) on my late 2010 Macbook Air El Capitan 10.11.6. On old computers like mine you also have to add a USB stick for bluetooth version 4. Now I will connect via Anydesk and get the screen data over the internet. We need basic versions of Cerbo system like a bluetooth hub from Victron for basic systems like mine to connect and get basic data.

Regards,

Mehmet Soysal

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources