question

dbx120 avatar image
dbx120 asked

3 phase system not accepting 3 phase generator

I am troubleshooting a 3 phase system for a client - 3 x Quattro setup as 3 phase.

3 Phase generator is connected to AC In 1

Site/Shore Power is connected to AC IN 2

The site power works great, but it won't seem to accept the generator input. (I don't have both connected at the same time, btw)

I haven't tried swapping the inputs over yet.

I have tried turning on Dirty AC, turning UPS off and turning off switch as a group.

The relay clicks and then nothing happens, as if it tries to connect and then decides not to... any suggestions?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @DBX120

There's some suggestions here.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

Start with a low Input Current Limit and work up when you get it to accept. Also, you can try it, but treat WeakAC as a last resort, there may be something else wrong if you absolutely need that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

Check the following,

Voltage input of the generator

Frequency of the generator

Make sure both of these are within the parameters set up in the inverter tab of VE configure

2 |3000

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

stupid question have you made shore generator phase rotation is same as Site/Shore Power in but looking at date first post id hope its fix by now

2 |3000