question

bunkysdad avatar image
bunkysdad asked

CANvuGX integration with other branded devices?

I’m trying to understand whether or not the CANvuGX can be used with non-Victron componants such as a Xantrex pass-thru inverter, and solar charge controllers (3 different makes)…I’m not sure if this is feasible, nor whether there‘s enough inputs to achieve this, nor do I know if another component like the CerboGx would also be required??

At present I do have a Victron BMV 12 meter (with victron shunt) and one Victron smart MPPT charge controller - both are Bluetooth …My two other solar controllers are of different makes…

I checked at the Victron product specific sight but have found the information there to be uber scant or minimalist at best…

Thank You,

Bunkysdad

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Some other brands of batteries and PV Inverters do work with the GX devices.
Other brands of MPPT and Inverters don't work.
The VenusOS which runs on the GX devices is open source though, so if you can figure out how to get your other brand devices to work then that's an option.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bunkysdad avatar image bunkysdad commented ·

Thank You, I‘m a bit disappointed but appreciate your response :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic