question

luphi avatar image
luphi asked

feature request: MPPT RS 450/200 individual names per tracker

Hello Victron,

I would like to give each tracker individual names to make reading in VRM more intuitive. Unfortunately I was not able to find any possibility to do so. Would you mind to add that feature request onto your list.

Cheers,

luphi

mppt rs
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

reginald-potts avatar image reginald-potts commented ·
This should be a standard feature I have two RS 450's and can't always remember which array is on which string
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
johkergp avatar image
johkergp answered ·

Have you found a solution to this? I would also like to customise the labels for the 4 trackers on my MPPT 450/200

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luphi avatar image luphi commented ·
no :-(
0 Likes 0 ·
myvicrocks avatar image
myvicrocks answered ·

+1 on this!

2 |3000

luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·

A friend had recently a wonderful idea: Rename the MPPT to '1:east 2:west 3:south 4:garage' That doesn't look beautiful, but form follows function. Now you can easily identify each individual tracker.

1 comment
2 |3000

myvicrocks avatar image myvicrocks commented ·
Nice work around but this really shouldn't be something difficult for Victron to implment. In the dbus the trackers are individually located, it would be adding a field to name them.
0 Likes 0 ·
andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko answered ·

+1 for this for Multi RS 6000 Dual tracker. Way more better to name them as South, West, vs Tracker1, Tracker 2

2 |3000