question

safetysb avatar image
safetysb asked

Easy Solar GX 48 /5000 - PV input terminals 'shorted' - no resistance showing?

PV input terminals have no resistance between positive and negative!

I recently purchased an Easy Solar unit (serial number as listed above).

My unit has been paired (successfully) with two Pylontech US3000C batteries (48V).

Likewise the mains input and AC output (1) have all initiated correctly.

PV source comes from four Trina Vertex S Mono 395w (total 1600w @ 37v).

The four panels are connected as TWO pairs (two instances of two panels connected in series ), with each pair then connected in parallel to provide 74v output.

The two 74v PV supplies are routed through a fused and isolated combiner box to provide a single output of 74v for the Easy Solar unit.

In accordance with the Easy Solar instructions the 74V PV supply is sufficient (Vbat +5) to enable the MPPT to initiate.

The solar panels (frames) are all connected to earth via an earth rod.

The Easy Solar is connected to 'AC IN' via an RCD and suitably rated breaker. The feed for the 'AC IN' is from the domestic mains supply.

The AC 1 OUT is routed via a similar RCD and breaker.

The Easy Solar chassis, Pylontech batteries and associated components are all earth bonded, with the PE provided via the 'AC IN' house circuit.

When I connect the PV input (which before connection shows 75volts correct polarity) there is no voltage showing - however on investigation it appears the input terminal on the Easy Solar have no resistance between them - effectively meaning my PV input is shorted between the pos and neg.

At this time and having exhausted all logical investigations I can only conclude (without information the the contrary) that there is some 'fault' with the PV input board.

Not sure - Admin please assign or create
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

When I connect the PV input (which before connection shows 75volts correct polarity) there is no voltage showing

Have you triple checked the PV cabling for correct polarity? The mppt will short out the array if the input polarity is wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
safetysb avatar image safetysb klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Yesterday I went through the whole installation from individual panels and cables right to the Easy Solar input terminals

Everything is correctly wired and sized (wiring and voltage and polarity conformed with a fluke meter).

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ safetysb commented ·
Measure the PV current in the PV 0v situation.

Zero current would indicate a near OC array.

Measurable array current (several amps) and a 0v reading indicate problem with the mppt.

Dont burn any thing down :(.

0 Likes 0 ·
safetysb avatar image safetysb klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Its fully disconnected now and reported directly to victron - I shall keep the post updated until the issue is concluded
1 Like 1 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic