question

mick-l avatar image
mick-l asked

Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A Non-isolated DC-DC charger

i have a Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A Non-isolated DC-DC charger at the moment i just have the bridge connecting the L& H pins. i have a smart alternator and AGM batteries. I would like to connect an ignition feed to the charger but i`m a bit confused about which pin to connect the ignition feed cable too.

Not sure - Admin please assign or create
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

There are a number of ways to do this, the manual shows various ways.
This is probably the most applicable method for your use case:
1654930202685.png

Basically, run your switched positive wire to the H terminal and a high signal with enable the unit.

Check out the manual on page 5 for more details:
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Orion-Tr_Smart_DC-DC_Charger_-_Non-Isolated/Orion-Tr_Smart_DC-DC_Charger-en.pdf

1654930202685.png (16.3 KiB)
2 |3000

mick-l avatar image
mick-l answered ·

thanks for the quick reply`s.

so if i only want the charger to work when the ignition is running i connect an ignition feed direct to the H pin only.

sorry to be a spoon fed member

2 comments
2 |3000

Yes, and also make sure that "engine shutdown detection" is still enabled in the settings so that the starter battery is not discharged when the ignition is on but the engine is not running.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, that's correct.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic