question

pietro-ceciarini avatar image
pietro-ceciarini asked

MPPT 75/15 charging 2 batteries

i have a mppt 75/15 smart solar charge controller.

can i use it for charging two batteries at the same time or it works only for one?

how should i connect them to do so?

what are pros and cons?

in case i can't i have to buy another mppt and connect it to the battery, but then how can i switch the PV energy for the two mppt controller?

thanks

MPPT ControllersbatterySolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You can charge two batteries at once by connecting in parallel. They effectively become a single battery. Make sure both are fully charged before connecting.

If you need to keep the batteries separate, use an Orion DC:DC charger to charge one battery from the one being charged by the solar panels.

One controller can be connected to multiple panels.

Panels cannot be connected to multiple controllers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pietro-ceciarini avatar image
pietro-ceciarini answered ·

hey sorry, i haven't seen your answer.

sorry also because i really didnt understand how to do. probably i didnt explain so well.

i would like to keep them separate because if one gets broken the other one can still work.

what about this?

https://www.victronenergy.it/battery-isolators-and-combiners/cyrix-battery-combiners

can help?

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic