question

Michael Ziegler avatar image
Michael Ziegler asked

VICTRON BLUE

TRIVIA ...tried to find an answer but have not been able:

Why are the BMS and Cyrix the only products in the Victron line up NOT featured in the VICTRON BLUE?

BMS
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler commented ·

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) can you answer this Trivia Question?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Michael Ziegler commented ·
What do you mean by "Victron Blue" ?
0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Every device is featured in the Victron Blue colour - except the BMS and Cyrix screen-shot-2022-11-26-at-103709.jpgscreen-shot-2022-11-26-at-103621.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

No specific insight, but I would guess it was a convenience during sourcing for manufacturing.

Most likely there was an existing moulding or case that fit the components that could be used without requiring something custom.

There are several other generic case products (e.g MK3-USB adapter, and 4G LTE dongle) for several other products, though then they might get a blue sticker to 'bring them into the family'.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler commented ·
Thanks G for taking the time - Its...just so impressive to see a wall of blue - certainly from a marketing perspective it is very valuable and distinctive - and everyone I show my system comments on it .....although several asked why I was mixing components - smile
0 Likes 0 ·