question

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image

Troubleshooting issues with VRM App Push Notifications

Hi,

If you are having issues with the new VRM App Push Notifications feature, please let me know here and I will try and resolve them :)

VRMpush notifications
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

csitter avatar image csitter commented ·
Is there a way to change the push notifications to display units in fahrenheit? The rest of the VRM portal honors the user preference.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tony avatar image Tony commented ·
I have a android phone and android tablet and I am getting the emails but not the push notification when I carry out a notification test.
0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel answered ·

Hi Guy,

Nice to see the team today and thanks for a great webinar (and the cool features!).

I posted the issue I had on the iPad here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/170753/push-notifications-on-ipad-bug.html

Jan

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jbakuwel avatar image jbakuwel commented ·

Hi Guy,

False alarm, my bad. It looks like I missed a VRM update 3 days ago? In any case, it's all working beautifully!

thanks,
Jan

1 Like 1 ·
allswell avatar image
allswell answered ·

Can't seem to get push notifications on my chrome browser. Followed the steps but test notification only came via email and iphone push notification... nothing to my chrome. Is there an extension required?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Allswell,

There is no extension or anything required. It should just work, as long as everything has permission.

My suggestion is to remove the chrome registration from here - https://vrm.victronenergy.com/profile/notifications

And then re-enable the notifications again,

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/profile/notifications

cleanshot-2022-11-28-at-102704.jpg

Confirm notifications are enabled and allowed for the VRM domain here:

cleanshot-2022-11-28-at-102601.jpg

chrome://settings/content/notifications?search=notif

And then re-test.

Please report back if that makes any difference or not.

1 Like 1 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Allswell,

Another place to confirm is that notifications are enabled for Chrome at the system level in the OSX settings -> notifications menu.

cleanshot-2022-11-29-at-200406.jpg

1 Like 1 ·
acujawa avatar image
acujawa answered ·

Hello guys, i have the same (notification) problem on "Brave" browser

The browser is based on Chrome, only a little more advanced and with a good shield from ads

Here are some screenshots with the settings, I would be grateful if you can solve this problem too

screenshot-2023-01-04-at-141015.png

VRM Portal sees it as Google Chrome

screenshot-2023-01-04-at-140650.pngscreenshot-2023-01-04-at-140736.pngscreenshot-2023-01-04-at-140906.pngscreenshot-2023-01-04-at-140933.png

2 |3000

deonkorb avatar image
deonkorb answered ·

Hi,

The notifications on Android don't seem to have a timestamp in them. This is handy to see the time of the alarm or the failure without opening the alarm log first. Almost all other app notifications display the time that the notification appeared, just not VRM.

See screenshot below:

1673513145736.png

Samsung One UI 4.1 Android 12 for what it's worth.

Regards,

Deon

1673513145736.png (137.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

deonkorb avatar image deonkorb commented ·

I see the default Android behaviour changed to opt in to show the notification timestamps:

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Notification.Builder#setWhen(long)

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Notification.Builder#setShowWhen(boolean)

Please consider adding this

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks for the feature request (and info), I've passed it on to the VRM app team.
0 Likes 0 ·
owencardew avatar image
owencardew answered ·

Hi, Struggling to get Alarms and Notifications working with my Multi RS Solar and Cerbo GX. All I want is a push notification on my iPhone that tells me when there is a Grid Failure and when Grid has been restored... The Test Push Notification comes through but i'm not getting anything else.... anyone able to guide me on how to set this properly?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @owencardew,

This might be an issue with the Multi RS support in VRM - I've asked the team to look into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
younglee1978 avatar image
younglee1978 answered ·

I’m having issues with iPhone push notifications. Every time I clear the Active alarm I get another alarm 10-15 mins later. Depsite being no alarm. I currently have a device connected to the bilge alarm. Says nothing in the remote console. Only on the dashboard. Any ideas?

2 |3000

sergei-golubtsov avatar image
sergei-golubtsov answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , my iPhone also does not receive push-notifications from the VRM but the test notification only. My Chrome Book does the same. Please help us.

Versions:

iOS: 15.7.8
Chrome OS: 115.0.5790.160 (Official Build) (64-bit)
VRM app: 2.8.6

Cerbo GX SW: v.3.01

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Sergei Golubtsov,

Thanks for the report, I've asked the VRM app team to have a look at your account to see.

1 Like 1 ·

Hi @Sergei Golubtsov

It appears that alarm notification have been disabled for your site.

Please visit https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/330917/settings/alarms to enable them again.

1 Like 1 ·
sergei-golubtsov avatar image sergei-golubtsov Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you very much! You are right. I had to turn on as well the "Alarm notification settings per user" control slider on the bottom of the Alarm Rules page in the VRM app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources