question

jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel asked

Push notifications on iPad - bug?

Hi all,

Thanks for the many improvements to an already great VRM system.

I tried enabling push notifications on my iPad Air 2 (iOS 15.7) and got the following error message (see attached).

Jan

VRM-notifications-on-iPad.png

push notifications
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jbakuwel avatar image jbakuwel commented ·
Note I initially had the Brave browser set as the default browser on the iPad but changed that to Safari (the default Apple browser) when I got this error message. It didn't help (which is good news: I'd like to keep the Brave browser as the default).
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Hi @jbakuwel a couple of things - have you loaded the VRM app? This should generate the notifications.

Browsers can also notify but that may not be one of the supported ones, so it could be normal.

Post any queries rather on this existing topic:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/170509/troubleshooting-issues-with-vrm-app-push-notificat.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel answered ·

Hi @nickdb I am using the VRM app installed from the App store on the iPad. Any reference to "browser" is coming from within the VRM app; I'm not explicitly using the browser (but the VRM app might do so)?

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It does.

To help troubleshoot ( I was part of some of the early testing), could you try temporarily remove the other browser. Remove then reinstall VRM app, then test again.

It might be "remembering" the other browser.

If that does work then we have at least narrowed it down.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@jbakuwel it looks like you don't have the latest app version. Please check and update if possible.
0 Likes 0 ·
jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel answered ·

@nickdb It indeed looks like I missed an update 3 days ago. Applied the update and everything is working beautifully :-)

Thanks!
Jan

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic