question

coachconclave avatar image
coachconclave asked

Solar Charge settings for 14.4V LI-ion Battery

The battery specs I have are: 14.4V, 16500mAh, 237.6Wh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery

The 110V charger that came with the battery has a 16.7V, 4.0A 66W output.

Could I charge this battery with a 100/10 charge controller?

Thanks in advance!

victron productssmart solar set-up helpcharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

In principle, yes, but you need more info about the battery. Specifically max charge current, absorption and float voltages. You also need a solar panel configuration that gives out about 20V or more.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michael001 avatar image
michael001 answered ·

In principle it should be okay. Specifically, it is necessary to check whether the charging and discharging voltage of the lithium battery matches the DC input voltage range of the charge controller.

It would be more helpful if you could provide battery parameters, and controller parameters.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Battery parameters come from the battery maker, not from Victron. The ones I mentioned need to be configured by you in the controller. This can be done over the Bluetooth interface, using the free Victron connect application.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic