question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

Is there a way to calibrate the temperature senor on the Venus GX

Connecting my new OEM Victron Temperature sensor to the Venus GX and the temperature is out by 3 deg > Is there a way to calibrate this out ? Voltage on terminals is 2.900V Venus reports it as 15 degC should be 17degC according to the voltage , + 1 deg due to inaccuracy of sensor itself as the actual temperature was 18 deg

Venus GX - VGXTemperature Sensor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

raphael avatar image raphael commented ·

You need superuser rights to enable a offset:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:root_access#set_access_level_to_superuser

1. Go to Settings, General

2. Set the Access Level to User and installer, the password is ***

3. Highlight Access Level (don't open the select page, ie. make sure you are in the General Page, not the Access Level page)

4. Press and hold the right button of the center pad until you see the Access Level change to Superuser. Note: when working from the Remote Console, you need to use the right key on your keyboard. Pressing and holding the right button with your mouse won't work.

Now you have access to the super user features...then the Offset should be visable and adjustable.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
pps avatar image
pps answered ·

Works for the Cerbo GX in the same way.
At step 2 if the "User & Installer" is already set skip to step 4.
Once Yellow Superuser is shown, go back to devices, select the temp sensor and setup
Offset should be there.

In my case the offset required -7 to make the ASS000001000 read the same value as the Ruuvi on the same shelf.
Dont forget to change the user back.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, you can specify an offset.

Device List -> "Your temperature sensor" -> Settings -> Offfset.

3 comments
2 |3000

gs-nz avatar image gs-nz commented ·

A couple of years back, I was able to set the offset to something -4 or something like that. Now, I would like to clear the offset, as I'm using a different sensor, and the settings are no longer there.

I was on v2.40~xx and I just upgraded to v2.60~19, and the offset setting is still missing.
Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on? Do you have the offset in yours?

0 Likes 0 ·
raphael avatar image raphael gs-nz commented ·

Get Superuser rights to see/edit it in GUI.

0 Likes 0 ·
gs-nz avatar image gs-nz commented ·

I found this in /data/conf/settings.xml:

<Temperature>
<_1>
<TemperatureType2 type="i" min="0" max="2147483644" default="0" silent="False">1</TemperatureType2>
<Scale type="f" min="0.10000000149" max="10.0" default="1.0" silent="False">2.00000000000</Scale>
<Offset type="f" min="-100.0" max="100.0" default="0.0" silent="False">-6.0</Offset>
</_1>
<_2>
<TemperatureType2 type="i" min="0" max="2147483644" default="0" silent="False">2</TemperatureType2>
<Scale type="f" min="0.10000000149" max="10.0" default="1.0" silent="False">2.00000000000</Scale>
<Offset type="f" min="-100.0" max="100.0" default="0.0" silent="False">-7.0</Offset>
</_2>
</Temperature>

so it's there in the settings still, but not GUI...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources