question

marommel avatar image
marommel asked

2nd energy meter "ac load" for logging heat pump

Hi, I'm running an ESS with an Em24 connected via USB to Rs485 Adapter as grid meter and an inverter connected via modbusTCP. Everything shows nicly im the remote console and the VRM.

Now I want to use a 2nd energymeter for logging my heat pump power consumption. The 2nd meter is running and in the VRM I can get a graph.

But is that 2nd meter interfering with the ESS setup? I configured the rule of this meter as "ac load". though I don't have a clue how the system is using that additional information.

A nice thing would be showing that 2nd energy meter im the dashboard. Is that possible?

Thanks Markus

VRMEnergy Meter
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pedaaa avatar image pedaaa commented ·

could you please show a screenshot how this additional AC-load is shown on VRM dashbord? I don´t thinks its gona work out correctly, because the heatpump is part of your "normal AC-loads" isn´t it?

So VRM would need to subtract your heatpump-meter first from "normal AC loads" and then show it as separate AC-load. But i don´t think VRM is doing that?

Also i am wondering, if you can define, if this heatpump "AC-load" is placed at AC-in or AC-out? is this currently possible?

0 Likes 0 ·
marommel avatar image marommel pedaaa commented ·

Hi, thahts how the device list looks like:
1667567205804.pngand that's the dashboard:
1667567237000.pngWell it would be nice if the heat pump is shown as separate part of "Ac-Lasten" (ac loads) but I didn't expect that possible.

It's OK for me that "Ac-loads" is the sum of all loads. Essential is, that I'm able to get a separate graph in the VRM dashboard

0 Likes 0 ·
1667567205804.png (30.1 KiB)
1667567237000.png (42.5 KiB)
marommel avatar image marommel marommel commented ·

To be correct: the 2nd energy meter is not shown in the dashboard itselfe but as a widget:

1667567885273.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1667567885273.png (12.9 KiB)
pedaaa avatar image pedaaa marommel commented ·
to bring this up again:

can you also display the total energy used? (not Power kW.... i am looking for Energy kWh)

Or do you see all the totals in the GX device list?

Because i consider to use it for monitoring a rental room, which is connected to AC-in.

Therefore it would be great, if i can see energy uses, per day, week, month, year.

0 Likes 0 ·
pedaaa avatar image pedaaa pedaaa commented ·

@marommel :

are you still active here?

If not, i will open a new topic asking this question

thx

0 Likes 0 ·
marommel avatar image marommel pedaaa commented ·
Hi, I'm still around just not active as I'd wished to be. time is short...

I didn't get to a nice solution for that till nobut didn't follow up the recent updates eighter. if you find a solution it would be nice if you share it with me

0 Likes 0 ·
pedaaa avatar image pedaaa marommel commented ·
ok, so it is really only power values you can you at VRM advance?

Nothing else?

or do you maybe see some total values in remote console device list?!

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@marommel I wouldn't expect the 2nd meter to affect the ESS unless you have it set up as a 'PV meter' which by the sounds of it you dont. What heat pump do you have because most of the decent manufactures have 'energy metering' built into their controls. Its not an actual meter but a calculation of the usage as the heat pump knows what each component uses. I have a Mitsubishi Ecodan which provides me with electrical energy consumed. Is the meter just something wanted so you can see with ease energy consumption in relation to other uses in the house or did you want to achieve something specific?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marommel avatar image
marommel answered ·

thanks for your response! your are right, I set the 2nd meter as "ac load".

the heatpump is a daikin. my aim is to monitor the over all consumption of the heatpump system. including extra heater etc. For me the easy solution was a 60€ meter bevor the fuses.

1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@marommel Im sure you can set it up in the dashboard. Have a look on VRM world at other installations and have a look at the level of data their dashboards are providing.

I've got a spare meter that I am aiming to add to my supply to my EV charger. The EV charger is on the AC in side of the Multiplus. My reason so I can see how much energy Im actually using on the AC in loads side as currently I cant see the difference between my AC out loads and my AC in loads.

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/171934/share/db6807bb

0 Likes 0 ·
william-b avatar image
william-b answered ·

Your explanation of the features and benefits of the energy meter was thorough, and the diagrams provided were extremely helpful. The step-by-step instructions for installation and use were detailed enough for us to be able to complete the task without any issues. <a href="https://evoheat.com.au"> Heat Pump </a>

2 |3000