question

jxa avatar image
jxa asked

MPPT RS450/100 no VE.can connection to Cerbo

I have the problem that the MPPT RS450/100
is not recognized by the Cerbo (VE.can connection)
The connection was made with a RJ45 network cable. (Also a replacement cable has already been tested).
What settings are required for the VE.Can in the Cerbo?
Are there any settings required in the MPPT RS450?

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Which VE.can profile is required?

vecan.png

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxVE.Can
vecan.png (33.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@JXA

It should work automatically.

Where are you plugging it into? And are you using the can terminators that come with the Cerbo?

screenshot-20221031-181823.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jxa avatar image
jxa answered ·

Hello Alexandra ,

many thanks for your answer!

yes the wiring corresponds exactly to the specifications as also seen on the picture of you including the terminator.

And yes I have also restarted the Cerbo (several times).

What surprises me is that there is no communication on the VE.can bus.

port-status.png

For me now the question is how I can check the VE.Can bus for function?

port-status.png (25.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Is there a terminator on the rs side as well?
0 Likes 0 ·
alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob answered ·

I'm having the same issue trying to connect my 450/200 to the Cerbo GX using VE.CAN bus. I'm using RJ-45 UTP cables, terminators on the empty MPPT can bus plug & another terminator on the empty can bus plug on the Cerbo, but the Cerbo isn't seeing the MPPT.

I'm connected to the Cerbo using WiFi, and running Victron Connect also doesn't see the MPPT.

The MPPT is powered by the DC battery bus (no PV installed) and the Cerbo is powered.cerbo-to-mppt-vecan.jpg

2 |3000

jjbond avatar image
jjbond answered ·

Same problem here, been using the RS450/200 with Cerbo and VRM fo months and just noticed it's no longer talking to VRM or the Cerbo, nothing has changed.

1 comment
2 |3000

jjbond avatar image jjbond commented ·
Found out my problem, apparently one of my recent firmware updates had changed the VE.Can to the RV protocol.
1 Like 1 ·