question

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes asked

Adding a 2nd battery to offgrid setup

At the moment I have a 24v x 600 a/h lead acid battery bank hooked up to a 24/3000 easysolar.

Its a solar offgrid, stand alone system.

No generator back up.

I have plenty of power and after 2 years of no power issues am considering adding a 2nd battery bank.

Only because I want to. I have a honey warming system that Id like to run from the 2nd battery bank.

Do I need the same battery size and style as the other?

Could I go for a smaller Nicad or Gel?

How should it be wired in?

Many thanks

battery chargingoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
peter-3 avatar image
peter-3 answered ·

I have a honey warming system ?

is that a bee radar , or when your honey storage is running low ?

You can mix the size of the battery , but not mix the chemistry of the battery because they have different charging voltages .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

If you are just adding batteries then they need to be added as a 24v, parallel configuration and should be the same "chemistry" as your existing batteries due to the existing charge controller settings.

2 |3000

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes answered ·

Thanks for the heads up.

It's to warm up crystallized honey

2 |3000