question

Jonny Sollid avatar image
Jonny Sollid asked

Change size of smart shunt in Venus root menu.

Is it possible to change the size of the smart shunt from 1000A to 500A in the venus root menu? (dbus-spy). I know the circuit board is soldered in place and is not meant to be moved to another shunt, but I have this spare and would like to use it.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jonny Sollid

I don't think Venus is involved here. The Smartshunts are available in 1000A and 500A, but they use different firmwares. These are available in VictronProfessional (sign in needed).

How you go making it accept a new firmware I can't say. You could try it, but no promises from me. This is an unusual request, but I wish you Good Luck..

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid commented ·

Thanks for the tips. I get an error message when I try to update via VRM, probably due to the wrong product ID. Will try to change the product id in dbus-spy and try the firmware for the 500a shunt next time I'm on board.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid commented ·

It is not possible to change the product id in dbus-spy, so I am stuck. Is there a way around getting firmware installed for the 500a shunt?

0 Likes 0 ·