question

james09 avatar image
james09 asked

Bluetooth Connectivity Victron Connect

Hi - one of my friends has an older samsung and it doesnt connect to the Victron Connect. Just wondering what is the cheapest phone to reliably connect? I know iphones all work well but they're more expensive than android.

VictronConnectBluetoothconnection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

For the current VictronConnect app the minimum Android version is 5.0 (Lollipop).
I guess every phone released recently should be able to run VictronConnect.
Maybe the screen should be at last 5" with a resolution of full HD (1920x1080).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-r avatar image
paul-r answered ·

I have several Samsung devices and not one of them will work with Victron Connect, including 2 that Victron claims are proven to work with Victron Connect. None are capable of ignoring/forgetting bluetooth devices. I have an ipad mini 4 that Victron claims will work. Nope, that one won't even discover Victron devices at all. The only mobile device that has ever worked for me with Victron Connect is my old Google Pixel 2 phone. No issues with that at all but it's old and I really don't like the idea of that being the only window into my system. I've grown to hate Victron Connect so much that I bought a Cerbo GX and touch 70.

There, rant over :D

2 |3000

jamesw avatar image
jamesw answered ·

Use the PUK code and reset the PIN to the default. I had to do this, and let the device do two firmware upgrades. All good now.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic