question

nexxo avatar image
nexxo asked

BMV 702 App not showing "average discharge" numbers

As the title states the app is App not showing "average discharge" numbers? it has been like this since the first installation over a year ago, i have done all the updates ect, it seems other people are having the same issue, I was hoping this would have been sorted out by now.

Any ideas please?

monitoring
screenshot.png (141.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

I also have the same problem as I have never needed to go below 65% SOC as yet.

It would be very useful if these thresholds could be user configurable rather than preset...

0 Likes 0 ·
nexxo avatar image nexxo Mark ♦♦ commented ·

I need at least an average use display that works or a 14 day "ah" daily history would work out well, like the MPPT display gives you

I am very disappointed with this Victron item to date

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
rainerb avatar image
rainerb answered ·

Hi Nexxo,

the "Average discharge" is directly connected to the "Total charge cycles" counter. If it is zero then the average discharge value is also zero.

I have learned (from the manual) that it is only a charge cycle if the batteries are discharged to <65% and charged up again to <90%.

See also https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/13317/bmv712-smart-curious-questions-about-the-counters.html

Regards

Rainer

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nexxo avatar image nexxo commented ·

Thanks for the reply Rainer, this is not really the best use of a display from Victron, i want to purchase a new Lifepo4 but don't want to waste my money getting a battery with too many ah if i don't need it hence i was hoping the monitor would be helping me out, Not so, not even any last 30 days history so i can get an idea. Pretty poor purchase this has turned out to be :(

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ nexxo commented ·

Hi Nexxo,

You will have to keep an eye on your current batteries SOC for a few weeks to get an idea about what Ah your new lithium battery should be.

You will need the BMV with your lithium battery because they have such a flat voltage profile. You cant get any idea of the batteries SOC form the battery voltage alone.

The BMV's job is to count Ah going into, and out of the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
nexxo avatar image
nexxo answered ·

Seems a pointless purchase, any other products that might work better than this?

2 |3000

nexxo avatar image
nexxo answered ·

I have set my batteries 300ah capacity to 40ah and now i can see the average ah's, my SOC is screwed up but hey ho it's a workaround

victron.png (147.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic